One FC Total Domination results: Fernandez unifies bantamweight title; Aoki victorious in featherweight debut
Shinya Aoki and Bibiano Fernandez victorious in the recently held One FC: Total Domination
Bibiano Fernandez became One FC’s undisputed bantamweight champion when he outpointed the inaugural champ Soo Chul Kim in a hard fought unification match. Fernandez, a three time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion, imposed his game on his 21 year old opponent by taking him down at will. He spent the most part of the fight at the top of his opponent but he never came close to finishing the fight due to Kim’s excellent defense in the ground. The Korean will later have his brief moment of success when he landed a takedown of his own towards the closing parts of the 4th round. In the end, his efforts went in vain as Fernandez came out victorious after the five grueling rounds.
The supporting bout of the evening featured Shinya Aoki in his successful featherweight debut against Cody Stevens. Stevens hit Aoki with a knee to the groin in the early part of the first round. After recovering from the groin shot, Aoki bounced back by landing several takedowns through the course of the entire fight. Aoki, despite managing to advance in full mount twice has failed to submit his unheralded opponent. However, he did more than enough to take the decision as Stevens stayed in the defensive mode in the entire 15 minute match.
One FC Total Domination full results:
- Bibiano Fernandes def. Soo Chul Kim via Unanimous Decision
- Shinya Aoki def. Cody Stevens via Unanimous Decision
- Eddie Ng def. Peter Davis via Submission (Armbar) at 1:46, R1
- Tatsuya Mizuno def. Rafael Silva via Unanimous Decision
- Sylvain Potard def. Jake Butler via KO at 0:42, R2
- Shannon Wiratchai def. Mitch Chilson via KO at 1:52 R1
- Khim Dima def. Rene Catalan via TKO (Strikes) at 3:40, R2
- Sherilyn Lim def. Ann Osman via Split Decision
- Juan Wen Jie def. Alex Lim via TKO (Strikes) at 0:18, R2
- Stephen Langdown def. Marc Marcellinus via TKO (Strikes) at 1:49, R1
[Photos from mmainsider.net]View Article Source »