Bellator 104 results: Hawn and Keslar advances to welterweight tournament finals
Bellator 104 winners Rick Hawn and Ron Keslar faces each other in the welterweight tournament finals
This Friday’s Bellator 104, which took place in Cedar Rapids Iowa, was headlined with a pair of match for Season 9’s welterweight tournament semifinals.
The main event was a rematch between the former US team judoka Rick Hawn and Brent Weedman. The two fighters met each other a year ago in Season 6’s lightweight finals and the rematch ended up with the same results. Hawn utilized his superior boxing to completely outclass his opponent. He hit Weedman with several combinations though he never had him in any serious trouble in the entire match. Hawn easily bagged the win with a lopsided score of 30-27 in all the judges’ scorecards.
In the co-main event, the relatively unknown Ron Keslar choked out the notorious UFC veteran War Machine. Keslar took control of the fight when he landed a takedown within the early part of the round. He bloodied his opponent’s face before working to take his back. Out of desperation, War Machine moved into his feet while still locked in his opponent’s body triangle. Keslar realized the opportunity and immediately secured a rear naked choke. War Machine refused to tap and he fell unconscious at the 3:31 mark of the first round.
Keslar and Hawn are now one bout away from a championship fight. The two will meet in the tournament finals on November 22nd at Sands Casino Event Center in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Full results from Bellator 104:
- Rick Hawn def. Brent Weedman via UD (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) (Bellator Welterweight Tournament Semifinal)
- Ron Keslar def. War Machine via Sub (Rear-Naked Choke) at 3:31, R1 (Bellator Welterweight Tournament Semifinal)
- Kendall Grove def. Joe Vedepo by UD (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Peter Graham def. Eric Prindle by UD (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Paul Bradley def. Karl Amoussou by UD (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Paul Sass def. Rod Montoya via Sub (Toe Hold) at 2:01, R1
- Rob Emerson def. Jared Downing via Sub (Heel Hook) at 1:44, R1
- Brandon Girtz def. Mike Estus via Verbal Sub (Armbar) at 4:25, R1
- Cliff Wright Jr. def. Derek Loffer via Sub (Armbar) at 4:28, R2
- Andre Tieva def. Christopher Lane via TKO (Punches) at 2:14, R1