Results from Bellator 103: Pitbull and Wilcox advances to featherweight finals
Patricio Pitbull's win over Fabricio Guerreiro advances him to the featherweight finals
Patricio “Pitbull” Freire outclassed Fabricio Guerreiro for three rounds enroute to a lopsided decision victory. With the win, Pitbull became the first three-time tournament finalist in Bellator’s history. It is also his third consecutive win since the title shot loss to Pat Curran last January.
In the co-main event, Justin Wilcox dominated Joe Tamanglio to earn his spot in the featherweight finals. Wilcox completely imposed his will on his opponent through the course of their 15 minute fight. Tamanglio has failed to surmount any significant offense aside from a punch that knocked down Wilcox in the second round. Wilcox came back strong in the final round and took Tamanglio down at will. After the final bell, the judges scored the fight with (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) all in favor of Wilcox.
Freire and Wilcox will now face each other at Bellator 108 on November 15. Whoever wins will get the winner of the featherweight title fight between Pat Curran and Daniel Straus at Bellator 106.
Bellator 103 results:
- Patricio Pitbull def. Fabricio Guerreiro by UD
- Justin Wilcox def. Joe Taimanglo by UD
- Dave Rickels def. J.J. Ambrose via TKO (R3)
- Mikhail Zayats def. Aaron Rosa via Sub (R1)
- Carlos Eduardo def. Wayman Carter via Sub (R1)
- Remy Bussieres def. Blake Pool via UD
- Maurice Jackson def. Matt Uhde via TKO (R1)
- Donnie Bell def. Marcio Navarro via Sub (R1)
- Jeimeson Saudino def. Jesse Thornton via SD
- Ricky Musgrave def. Cody Carrillo via Sub (R1)
[Photos from www.graciemag.com]View Article Source »