Dana White scrapped Jones – Teixeira from Super Bowl weekend event
The UFC light heavyweight title fight between Jon Jones and Glover Teixeira will no longer headline UFC 169
It looks like fight fans will have to wait longer for the light heavyweight title fight between Jon Jones and Glover Teixeira. It was officially announced last week that the fight will take place in UFC 169 but Dana White scrapped the idea and told the media that the schedule of the fight has not been finalized yet.
“Jones vs. Teixeira on February 1 is never, ever a done deal” says Dana White in an interview last Monday. He made it clear that the fight will certainly happen but not on the rumored date.
“That’s going to be later. That was never a done deal. “Our people put it out, but they shouldn’t have” added the UFC president.
He then hinted that Jones and Teixeira would likely square off in March, around the same time with Alexander Gustafsson’s return bout in Sweden or London. White also promised that Jones and Gustafsson would surely meet again if both fighters win their next fights.
It was also announced last week that the heavyweight matchup between Alistair Overeem and Frank Mir was moved to the Super Bowl event (UFC 169) from its original schedule on November 16. The removal of the Jones – Teixeira fight leaves Mir vs. Overeem as the only match that was scheduled for UFC 169.View Article Source »