Lavar Johnson Replaces Mark Hunt At UFC 146
Mark Hunt suffers from a knee injury, gets replaced by Lavar ‘Big’ Johnson in a heavyweight bout against Stefan Struve.
Mark Hunt is forced to step out from the upcoming UFC 146 event, after suffering from a knee injury. Set to replace him in his scheduled heavyweight bout against Stefan Struve is former Strikeforce fighter, Lavar ‘Big’ Johnson. Johnson has just nine days to prepare for his upcoming fight.
Both Struve and Johnson offered their thoughts regarding their short notice match up:
“I heard last night there was a chance I could get this fight and I accepted right away. You don’t get chances like this too much in life, so when you are lucky, you make the most of it. I took one week off after last fight [May 5] and then went back to the gym.” said Johnson.
“He’s looked impressive in his first two fights in the Octagon, but I’m gonna look even more impressive next week. I want to thank him for stepping up on such short notice, but he’s gonna face the best Stefan Struve you’ve seen so far.” said Struve.
Johnson recently earned a TKO victory over Pat Barry in this month’s UFC on FOX 3 event. While Struve last fought Dave Herman in last February’s UFC on FUEL TV 1 event, where he also won via a TKO.
“UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir” will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 26, 2012.View Article Source »