UFC Fight Night 23: Medical Suspensions
UFC Fight Night 23 participants were issued 10 day suspensions each. Some are even suspended for a longer period of time.
The event concluded last Jan. 22 at Fort Hood in Texas. The main card aired on Spike TV while the preliminaries streamed on Facebook.
A mandatory 8 to 10-day suspensions were given to all of the fighters. Meanwhile, Evan Dunham, Hague and George Roop – were all issued 31-day suspensions following knockout losses.
Here’s a full list of suspensions from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation:
* Evan Dunham: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
* Matt Mitrione: Suspended indefinitely due to injured second metacarpal in left hand; must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor
* Tim Hague: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
* George Roop: Suspended until Feb. 22 for precautionary reasons (TKO loss)
* Willamy Freire: Suspended indefinitely due to right-hand and right-cheek injuries; must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor and maxillofacial surgeon