The Official WEC 53 Weigh-In Results
Before the merge with UFC happen, WEC ends the year right with WEC 53. Let's get ready to rumble as Henderson vs Pettis and Cruz vs Jorgensen burn down the house.
The “WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis” fighter weigh-ins took place today, and all the competitors successfully made weight.
Today’s event took place at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, Ariz., the same site that will host Thursday’s Versus-broadcast event.
All four co-headliners and title fighters weighed without any further issues.
WEC 53 features lightweight champ Ben Henderson (155 pounds) vs. Anthony Pettis (154.5) and bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz (134.5) vs. Scott Jorgensen (135) in the co-headliners. Henderson, however, voluntarily and immediately stripped and weighed in while standing behind a towel, which means he narrowly made the 155-pound limit for his title fight.
This Thrusday’s show serves as the WEC’s swan song; the fan-friendly organization mergers with its sister promotion, the UFC, next year. The Henderson vs. Pettis winner gets an immediate UFC title shot, and the Cruz vs. Jorgensen winner will be crowned the first-ever UFC bantamweight champ.
The official WEC 53 weigh-in results:
* Champ Benson Henderson (155) vs. Anthony Pettis (154.5) – for lightweight title
* Champ Dominick Cruz (134.5) vs. Scott Jorgensen (135) – for bantamweight title
* Donald Cerrone (155) vs. Chris Horodecki (155)
* Bart Palaszewski (156) vs. Kamal Shalorus (156)
* Danny Downes (154.5) vs. Tiequan Zhang (155.5)
* Shane Roller (155) vs. Jamie Varner (156)
* Ivan Menjivar (135) vs. Brad Pickett (136)
* Ken Stone (135) vs. Eddie Wineland (136)
* Danny Castillo (155.5) vs. Will Kerr (155)
* Yuri Alcantara (154.5) vs. Ricardo Lamas (156)
* Renan Barao (136) vs. Chris Cariaso (136)