The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale Medical Suspensions
TUF 12 Finale had a series of good fights, but with good fights surely there are injuries and scars left. Luckily, only seven fighters were suspended due to medical reasons and nothing serious took place. Below is the list of the injured fighters and their injuries.
The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale gave out a fair share of fights, but surely there’s still a couple of fighters that will undergo into an unfortunate medical suspension. But unlike other fights, this time there are only just seven fighters that will suffer the suspension. Nothing too serious though two of them, Jonathan Brookins and Ian Loveland, could be out for up to six months. The list of medical suspended fighters came from Nevada State Athletic Commission.
The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale took place this past Saturday at The Pearl at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas and on Spike TV.
Brookins was issued his medical suspension despite the fact that he claimed the “TUF 12″ crown with a decision win over fellow finalist Michael Johnson. Brookins needs to have his left foot X-rayed before he’s cleared. If the foot is indeed fractured, Brookins must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor or remain outside the cage until June 3, 2011.
Loveland drew a 90-day suspension as well, due to a potential fractured finger on his left hand. Loveland must be cleared via X-ray or orthopedic doctor or must remain out for until June 3.
Fortunately, featherweight fighter Fredson Paixao, who lost via Pablo Garza on one of the most brutal knockouts in recent history, suffered no serious injuries and was suspended just for 60 days. Paixao is advised to avoid contact in training for 45 days.
However, the event drew no indefinite suspensions and most of the fighters escaped with minor injuries.
The full list of medical suspensions includes:
* Jonathan Brookins: left foot cleared by doctor or suspended until June 3, 2011
* Michael Johnson: second finger on left hand cleared by doctor or suspended until June 3, 2011
* Fredson Paixao: suspended until Feb. 3 with no contact until Jan. 19 for precautionary reasons
* Stephan Bonnar: suspended until Dec. 26 with no contact until Dec. 19 for scalp laceration
* Nam Phan: suspended until Dec. 26 with no contact until Dec. 19 for scalp laceration
* Leonard Garcia: suspended until Dec. 26 with no contact until Dec. 19 for right temple laceration