WEC 51 Weigh-in Results
The WEC 51 had their weigh-ins today. Fighters were weighed without issues. The WEC 51 fight will take place on Thursday. Mark your calendars.
Today, the “WEC 51: Aldo vs. Gamburyan” official fighter weigh-ins took place. The feast took place at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield, Colo. Fighters were all weighed without issues, though Miguel Torres, former bantamweight champ weighd half pound heavy.
WEC 51 will take place on Thursday at the 1STBANK Center. Headlined by featherweight champion Jose Aldo vs. Manny Gamburyan and also features a long-awaited rematch between Jamie Varner and Donald Cerrone. The main card airs live on Versus.
Way too expected, rivals Cerrone and Varner made an intense staredown. Cerrone marched up to the former champion after the weight was done, and the two got into a shoving match using only their foreheads.
“You guys win,” Cerrone said to fans when asked if tomorrow’s battle would settle the score.
The full weigh-in results include:
* Champ Jose Aldo (145) vs. Manny Gamburyan (145)
* Donald Cerrone (155.5) vs. Jamie Varner (156)
* Miguel Torres (136) vs. Charlie Valencia (136)
* Chan Sung Jung (146) vs. George Roop (145)
* Leonard Garcia (146) vs. Mark Hominick (145)
* Pablo Garza (154) vs. Tiequan Zhang (154)
* Mike Brown (145) vs. Cole Province (146)
* Chris Horodecki (155) vs. Ed Ratcliff (155)
* Diego Nunes (145) vs. Tyler Toner (145)
* Antonio Banuelos (136) vs. Chad George (135)
* Demetrious Johnson (135) vs. Nick Pace (135)